The Arkansas River supports economies in Colorado from Leadville to La Junta and beyond. With base industries including tourism and agriculture, southern Colorado depends on the river's yearly flows. But climate researchers expect declines in those flows over time, leaving the Arkansas River and its dependents at risk of facing a future with less water.
The Latest from the 91.5 KRCC Newsroom
- A Future With Less Water: Climate Change Along the Arkansas River
- Speaker Of The House Breaks Down 2017 Colorado Legislative Session
- CDOT Director Says 'Political Courage' Necessary to Make Needed Transportation Investments
- Capitol Conversation: Legislative Leaders In Both Parties Call Session Productive
- Report: Colo. Springs Mayor Suthers on Shortlist to Head FBI