Members of Congress might want to familiarize themselves with the story of Kansas' failed tax-cutting experiment as they begin deliberations on President Donald Trump's tax-reform plan. It could serve as a cautionary tale because some elements of the president's updated proposal mirror pieces of the tax-cut plan that Republican Gov. Sam Brownback pushed through the state legislature in 2012, promising it would deliver a "shot of adrenaline" to the Kansas economy. It didn't. Instead, revenues...
The Latest from the 91.5 KRCC Newsroom
- Critically-Acclaimed Poets and Writers 'Converge' In Colorado Springs For New Lecture Series
- How These Colorado Farmers Banded Together To Save Their Water Supply
- Colorado Springs Utilities Studying Accelerated Drake Decommissioning Timetable
- Mayor Suthers On The State Of The City: "Colorado Springs...Is Beginning To Achieve Its Potential"
- As Special Session Looms, Colorado Lawmakers Debate Focus And Fixes