Most Active Stories
- The Middle Distance 10.17.14: How The Gilmore Girls Saved My Life
- The Middle Distance 10.10.14: The Secret of Great Stories
- Pending Loss of Levee Mural Means an Eventual Blank Canvas
- Embracing the Dark: Radiolab's Jad Abumrad on the Creative Process
- No Matter How Colorado Votes, GMO Labeling Debate Far From Finished
Frank Morris has supervised the reporters in KCUR's newsroom since 1999. In addition to his managerial duties, Morris files regularly with National Public Radio. He’s covered everything from tornadoes to tax law for the network, in stories spanning eight states. His work has won dozens of awards, including four national Public Radio News Directors awards (PRNDIs) and several regional Edward R. Murrow awards. In 2012 he was honored to be named "Journalist of the Year" by the Heart of America Press Club.
Morris grew up in rural Kansas listening to KHCC, spun records at KJHK throughout college at the University of Kansas, and cut his teeth in journalism as an intern for Kansas Public Radio, in the Kansas statehouse.