Most Active Stories
- Council Candidates Address Questions & Issues at Citizens Project Forum
- The State of Surveillance: An Interview with Author and Blogger Cory Doctorow
- Testing Reform Remains in Limbo
- Wish We Were Here, Episode 5: The Gods Must Be Bewildered
- Colorado Legislature Poised For A Look At Oil & Gas Health Impacts
John Powers is the pop culture and critic-at-large on NPR's Fresh Air with Terry Gross. He previously served for six years as the film critic.
Powers covers film and politics for Vogue and Vogue.com. His work has appeared in numerous publications, including Harper's BAZAAR, The Nation, Gourmet, The Washington Post, The New York Times and L.A. Weekly, where he spent twelve years as a critic and columnist.
A former professor at Georgetown University, Powers is the author of Sore Winners, a study of American culture during President George W. Bush's administration.
He lives in Pasadena, California, with his wife, Sandi Tan.