Most Active Stories
- Wish We Were Here, Episode 3: The Beginning of the End of Homelessness?
- Lawmakers to Consider Physician-Assisted Suicide
- The Middle Distance, 12.12.14: The Dark That We Must Blind
- 2014 A Year Of 'Unspeakable Brutality' For Children In Conflict Zones
- The Middle Distance 12.3.14: Remembering Kent Haruf
John Powers is the pop culture and critic-at-large on NPR's Fresh Air with Terry Gross. He previously served for six years as the film critic.
Powers covers film and politics for Vogue and Vogue.com. His work has appeared in numerous publications, including Harper's BAZAAR, The Nation, Gourmet, The Washington Post, The New York Times and L.A. Weekly, where he spent twelve years as a critic and columnist.
A former professor at Georgetown University, Powers is the author of Sore Winners, a study of American culture during President George W. Bush's administration.
He lives in Pasadena, California, with his wife, Sandi Tan.