Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Wish We Were Here, Episode 6 -- Anchor Dreams: The Passion of Scoop Nemeth
- Southwest Chief Funding Amendment Initially Passes House
- Become an EarlyBird. Win an iPad!
- On Welfare? Don't Use The Money For Movies, Say Kansas Lawmakers
- Southwest Chief Commission Continues Work Despite Legislative Setbacks
LaToya Dennis joined WUWM in October 2006 as a reporter / producer. LaToya began her career in public radio as a part-time reporter for WKAR AM/FM in East Lansing, Michigan. She worked as general assignment reporter for WKAR for one and a half years while working toward a master's degree in Journalism from Michigan State University. While at WKAR, she covered General Motors plant closings, city and state government, and education among other critical subjects.
Before coming to public radio, LaToya interned at the CBS affiliate in Lansing, Michigan. She also took part in NPR's 2005 Next Generation Radio Project in Kansas City, Missouri as well as NPR's summer 2006 Next Generation Radio Project in Indianapolis, Indiana.
LaToya holds both a Bachelor's degree and a Masters degree in journalism from Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan. Dennis is a member of the National Association of Black Journalists.
Â» Twitter: @LDennis380