Wednesday Newscast, 10/4/17, 7:04 a.m.

Oct 4, 2017

Newscast for Wednesday, October 4, 2017, 7:04 a.m.:

  • Colorado’s special legislative session ended yesterday with no legislation passing.  91.5 KRCC's Bente Birkeland reports...
  • Two recent fires in apartment buildings in Colorado Springs were started after cardboard boxes were placed on a stove, prompting the fire department to issue a safety reminder.  The department says in both instances, residents were moving in and used the stovetop as a place to put boxes, and likely bumped the burners.  The fire department is reminding folks not to place combustible materials on or near cooking appliances.