Most Active Stories
- The Middle Distance 2.28.14: The Line Leads Away From Home
- 36 Views of Pikes Peak Submission Guidelines
- The Middle Distance 3.7.14: The Experience of Seeing
- 'The $100 Million Question': What To Do With All That Marijuana Tax Money?
- Behind the Beautiful Forevers: Katherine Boo on Poverty and Possibilty
The Middle Distance
Kathryn Eastburn is the author of A Sacred Feast: Reflections of Sacred Harp Singing and Dinner on the Ground, and Simon Says: A True Story of Boys, Guns and Murder in the Rocky Mountain West. You can comment and read or listen to this column again at The Big Something at KRCC.org. “The Middle Distance” is published every Friday on The Big Something and airs each Saturday at 1 p.m. right after This American Life.