Most Active Stories
- Take KRCC's Comprehensive Listener & Member Survey
- The Big Something Episode 3: Poet Gary Snyder, VSCO's Greg Lutze, and Stoner's Laundry
- Audio: Colorado Springs Mayoral Runoff Candidates Debate
- Wish We Were Here, Episode 6 -- Anchor Dreams: The Passion of Scoop Nemeth
- Translator Problems... Help on the Way.
Thu February 27, 2014
Behind the Beautiful Forevers: Katherine Boo on Poverty and Possibilty
Veteran Journalist Katherine Boo will be speaking tonight at Shove Chapel on the Colorado College campus. A staff writer for The New Yorker, and former reporter and editor at the Washington Post, she’s received numerous awards for her work, including a Pulitzer prize for Public Service and a MacArthur Genius grant. In 2012, she published her first book, Behind the Beautiful Forevers: Life, Death, and Hope in a Mumbai Undercity, a book of non-fiction documenting the lives of people living in a slum called Annawadi near the Mumbai international airport. Behind the Beautiful Forevers won the National Book Award for Nonfiction in 2012. KRCC’s Jake Brownell spoke with Ms. Boo about her work.
There was more in the interview than we could fit into the edit that went to the air (above), so we've put together a few of the other questions from our conversation with Katherine Boo that we wished we could've included. Listen Below!