Colorado Springs Officials Release Initial Damage Assessments
Colorado Springs officials have released initial damage assessments following this week's flooding. Officials note that potential rain this weekend may produce further damaging incidents, and assessments will be ongoing. Their list is as follows:
· Gold Camp Road: extensive damage
· Cheyenne Road: extensive damage
· Gold Camp and Camp Creek: pond and sidewalk damage
· Stratton Bridge: structural damage
· Various washouts amongst City Parks, Trails, and Greenways (including roadway, walkway, and pathway damage)
· Multiple homes and residences along Cheyenne Creek
· Remaining road closures: Stratton at Cheyenne Road (due to bridge damage, this will remain closed until further notice)
Empty sandbags are available at the following fire department stations:
· CSFD Station #5 (2830 West Colorado Avenue)
· CSFD Station #9 (622 Garden of the Gods Road)
· CSFD Station #12 (445 Rockrimmon Boulevard)
· CSFD Station #18 (6830 Hadler View)
Sand is available at the Wilson United Methodist Church parking lot on Flying W Ranch Road.
For more information about what to do before, during, and after a flood event, visit this page from the city.