The Pentagon is tightening the screening process for immigrants who volunteer for military service and slowing their path to U.S. citizenship. The U.S. military will no longer allow green card holders to enter basic training before the successful completion of a background check. The policy change is intended to improve security vetting of foreign-born recruits. Prior to this new policy — announced last Friday and effective immediately — green card holders shipped to basic training while a...
Horrors Under the Hood?
The Latest from the 91.5 KRCC Newsroom
- Guns To Garden Tools: Beating Swords Into Plowshares
- In-State Tuition For Undocumented Colorado Students May Be In Danger
- Waldo Canyon Partially Reopens To The Public
- After Special Session Failure, What’s Next For Colorado Lawmakers?
- Colorado’s Special Legislative Session Ends With No Fix For Special Districts