The cellphone video is vivid. A Border Patrol agent aims his gun at an unarmed 15-year-old some 60 feet away, across the border with Mexico, and shoots him dead. On Tuesday, the U.S. Supreme Court hears arguments in a case testing whether the family of the dead boy can sue the agent for damages in the U.S. Between 2005 and 2013, there were 42 such cross-border shootings, a dramatic increase over earlier times. The shooting took place on the border between El Paso, Texas, and Juárez, Mexico....
You can help 91.5 krcc
The Latest from the 91.5 KRCC Newsroom
- Capitol Conversation: Five Weeks In, Transportation Funding Debate Continues
- Lessons from Ludlow: A Rockefeller Visits Southern Colorado
- Colorado Newspaper Battle Could Define What’s ‘Fake News’ And What’s Not
- A Rockefeller Returns to Southern Colorado
- Another Dust Bowl-Style Event Could Lead to Catastrophic Crop Loss, Study Shows