Treating people for free or for very little money has been the role of community health centers across the U.S. for decades. In 2015, 1 in 12 Americans sought care at one of these clinics; nearly 6 in 10 were women, and hundreds of thousands were veterans . The community clinics — now roughly 1,300-strong — have also expanded in recent years to serve people who gained insurance under the Affordable Care Act. In 2015, community health centers served 24.3 million people — up from 19.5 million...
You can help 91.5 krcc
The Latest from the 91.5 KRCC Newsroom
- Poll Shows Westerners Want to Protect Public Land
- Capitol Conversation: Five Weeks In, Transportation Funding Debate Continues
- Lessons from Ludlow: A Rockefeller Visits Southern Colorado
- Colorado Newspaper Battle Could Define What’s ‘Fake News’ And What’s Not
- A Rockefeller Returns to Southern Colorado