Colorado is known for its iconic 14,000-foot peaks, more commonly known as fourteeners. Despite their majestic appearance, these high peaks have a fragile ecosystem and it takes a considerable amount of effort to keep them in good condition. The season is over now, but for about five months of the year, crews work to create and repair trails.
The Latest from the 91.5 KRCC Newsroom
- Colorado Receives $12 Million for Youth Behavioral Health
- Creating and Maintaining Trails on Colorado's Prized 14ers is a Tall Order
- Junkins Fire Continues to Burn; Some Evacuations Lifted
- Megadroughts Could Become More Common, Study Shows
- Morality and Personal Stories Define The Fight for Proposition 106