When President Donald Trump selected retired Marine Gen. James Mattis for defense secretary, it was a rare choice. No recently retired general had been selected for the top Pentagon job since George Marshall, some 66 years earlier. Mattis had wide support on Capitol Hill from both parties. Described as a warrior-scholar, he was well known for his combat prowess; his ability to select the right historical quote; and offering blunt, unvarnished testimony. But Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand, D-N.Y.,...
The Latest from the 91.5 KRCC Newsroom
- 'In An Abundance Of Caution,' 3,000 Oil And Gas Wells Shut Down In Colorado
- Transportation Bill, Top Priority In Colorado Statehouse, Fails
- How One Colorado Reporter's Struggle Led To A Proposal for New Open Records Laws
- La Comida Es Algo Muy Fuerte: How a Honduran Food Truck Offers a Taste of Home
- Training Underway at Piñon Canyon