KRCC OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
1. Winners will be selected by contestant call-in participation during on-air contests, or be drawn at random by registering at KRCC's website and submitting an on-line entry form, or by submitting entry forms by stopping by or mailing to KRCC, 912 North Weber Street, Colorado Springs, CO 80903, in each case as specified in connection with a specific KRCC contest.
2. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries.
3. No purchase or contribution is necessary.
4. Contestants must be legal U.S. residents.
5. Contestants must be at least 18 years old or as otherwise specified in specific contest rules.
6. Present and past employees of KRCC, The Colorado College, KRCC underwriters, and their immediate family members or households (persons living at the same address), along with employees (their family members or households) of other radio or television stations, are not eligible to participate and may not win any contest associated with KRCC.
7. KRCC reserves the right to disqualify any entry or revoke any prize if the contestant does not meet any or all of the eligibility requirements.
8. KRCC and its contest sponsors are not responsible for late, lost, damaged, incomplete, misdirected, illegible or mutilated entries.
9. All KRCC contestants, whether entry is by U.S. mail, via its website, or in response to over-the-air broadcast, are limited to one winner per household or immediate family per contest within a 30-day period.
10. Winners of prizes valued at more than $600 must wait a total of three (3) months before becoming eligible to win additional prizes from KRCC.
11. KRCC is not responsible for any failure of communications, failure of the Internet or its websites, or allegation of telephone difficulties. In the case of a dispute over telephone lines, the decision of KRCC is final. In the event that two telephone lines are tied together during a phone contest, the entire phone call will be disqualified and another phone call will be taken. KRCC cannot award duplicate prizes to both parties in a “tied together” situation. An example of a “tied together” call may be two telephone calls originating from the same location or residence or a party line.
12. Any tie will be broken by random drawing from among the tied, qualified entries. The drawing will be conducted by KRCC, and the results of the drawing are final.
13. Winners will be notified by phone, over the air, by email or postal mail. Winners that cannot be contacted within five (5) business days by reasonable means will be disqualified.
14. Prizes must be claimed in person at KRCC’s offices at 912 North Weber Street, Colorado Springs, CO 80903, claimed between 10AM and 5PM, Monday through Friday (except holidays), unless otherwise specified. Proper identification (e.g., valid driver’s license, passport, state ID, or military ID) is required. Prizes may be mailed at the discretion of KRCC. KRCC is not responsible for problems occurring within the postal system which may affect winners’ receipt of prizes or receipt of winning notices. Unless otherwise stated, prizes not claimed within seven (7) days of winning become the property of KRCC.
15. Concert tickets must be picked up in person at KRCC’s offices at 912 North Weber Street, Colorado Springs, CO 80903, by 5:00 PM on the date the concert occurs, at the latest. Any item or prize with a weekend expiration date not claimed by 5:00 PM on the Friday preceding the weekend expiration date will be forfeited with no compensation. Winners of concert tickets are for the tickets to the performance only - parking, meals, beverages, transportation, etc are the responsibility of the ticket winner unless otherwise clearly stated.
16. In certain “unique situations,” a designated representative will be allowed to accept a prize for the winner. Written authorization from the winner including the representative’s name, ID, and a photocopy of the winner’s driver’s license or other valid government-issued ID is required. KRCC will determine what constitutes a “unique situation.”
17. All winning contestants are required to acknowledge acceptance of these contest rules either by signing a KRCC winner release form, or by acceptance of a prize by mail if the prize is not picked up at KRCC’s office.
18. Winning contestants must show proof of social security numbers to KRCC for any prize over $600. This is for tax recording purposes only, and will not be used or released for any other purpose.
19. An IRS 1099 MISC form will be completed and filed with the Internal Revenue Service for every prize (or combination of winnings) valued at $600 or more during the calendar year. All local, state and federal taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner.
20. All prizes are described by KRCC either on the air, via KRCC’s website, or via signage at off-air events. Each prize has a predetermined value which is not negotiable.
21. No substitution or other consideration, including cash, for the stated prize may be claimed. All prizes are non-transferable. In the event that a winner chooses not to accept a prize, he or she forfeits all claim to that prize. KRCC then has the right, at its discretion, to award that prize to a contest runner-up or not to award the prize.
22. KRCC reserves the right to substitute a prize of similar value in the event of unavailability of a prize.
23. KRCC and its affiliates are not responsible for any changes or cancelations to a ticketed event for which passes or tickets have been awarded and no substitute prizes will be awarded.
24. As a condition of participation in the contest, a contestant grants KRCC the right, in its discretion, to reproduce, publicize, broadcast or post on its websites his or her name, likeness, recorded voice and/or photograph or video for promotional purposes and for all matters relating to the contestant’s entry or contest participation without compensation.
25. As a condition to accepting a prize, winner acknowledges that KRCC and its affiliates are not responsible for any harm, injury, or damage caused to any person or property, proximate or otherwise, through the use of any prize by any person, and agrees to save and hold harmless KRCC, its affiliates, its principals, agents and employees from any claim of such responsibility. “Harm, injury, or damage” includes but is not limited to occurrences beyond the control of KRCC such as bodily injury or theft, expiration of an item or a prize, and cancelation or alteration of an event.
26. Participation in the contest constitutes the entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to abide by these Official Rules.
27. All contests entries become the property of KRCC. KRCC may withhold any contest materials needed to complete the contest.
28. The contest is void where prohibited by law.
29. Basic contest rules and addenda, or any other contest rules, are available for review by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Contest Rules, KRCC, 912 N. Weber Street, Colorado Springs, CO 80903
30. Additions or deletions to these rules may be made at the discretion of KRCC, and may be made at any time. Additional rules pertaining to specific contests may supplement or supersede these rules.
31. All decisions of KRCC are final and binding in all matters related to the contest.
Date the Official Contest Rules were last modified: June 24th, 2016
KRCC Sustaining Member 'Perk Alert' Rules
1. 'Perk Alerts' are eligible for sustaining KRCC members only.
2. Members must reply to the stated Perk Alert email address or include the original email within an email sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. The email must contain the member's full name and mailing address. Failure to include mailing address results in disqualification.
4. Please note that station policy mandates that a member may only claim one Perk Alert every 30 days and the above general KRCC contest rules apply to all Perk Alert awards.