Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Council Candidates Address Questions & Issues at Citizens Project Forum
- The State of Surveillance: An Interview with Author and Blogger Cory Doctorow
- Testing Reform Remains in Limbo
- The Big Something Radio Programme, Episode 2: Kathryn Eastburn, Geoffrey Keating, and Cory Doctorow
- Andromeda... coming soon!!!
Series: Railroad West
Amtrak's Southwest Chief runs from Chicago to Los Angeles, passing through towns in Southern Colorado and Northern New Mexico. The future of the route is in question, as the current rail lines require upgrades in order to maintain passenger rail speeds. A partnership is on the table to share expenses for the upgrades; as proposed, Colorado’s portion would be about $40 million over the course of ten years.
The alternative is that Amtrak would likely reroute the service, bypassing Western Kansas, Colorado and Northern New Mexico entirely.
Coverage continues after KRCC News interns Martha Perez-Sanz and Maggie Spencer opened the series by looking into the Southwest Chief as part of their journalism curriculum at Colorado College.