Left-of-center candidates made out well in this month's Colorado Springs City Council election. Progressive favorites Richard Skorman, Yolanda Avila, and Jill Gaebler beat their more conservative challengers, and left-leaning David Geislinger was elected following an unopposed campaign. Together, along with at-large representative Bill Murray, these four could comprise a new, more liberal majority on Colorado Springs City Council.
The Latest from the 91.5 KRCC Newsroom
- A New Progressive Era in Colorado Springs? Local Political Scientist Thinks Not
- Capitol Conversation: Colorado Lawmakers Debate Teen Sexting and Oil and Gas Legislation
- More Funds Needed for Arkansas River Levee Repairs
- Olympic Athletes Training in Colorado Now Eligible for In-State Tuition
- How Colorado's Lawmakers Craft And Pass The State's Budget