Cities and towns around the country rely on federal policing grants for a variety of expenses, including training, equipment, and personnel. So far there have been no payments. The Byrne Justice Assistance Grant Program (JAG) provides hundreds of millions of dollars a year to states, tribes, and local governments. And they're usually disbursed by the end of the federal fiscal year on Sept. 30th. Mike Lawlor, undersecretary for Criminal Justice Policy and Planning in Connecticut, says the...
Horrors Under the Hood?
The Latest from the 91.5 KRCC Newsroom
- Palmer Land Trust Gets Grant To Cultivate Next Generation Of Conservationists
- On The Ballot: Colorado Springs Tries Again For Dedicated Stormwater Fee
- Lawmakers Contend With Colorado’s Skyrocketing Individual Health Costs
- Colorado Congressmen Back Bill Aimed at Limiting National Monument Designations
- Guns To Garden Tools: Beating Swords Into Plowshares