On the first day as head of the United Nations — January 1, 2017 — Antonio Guterres pledged to make 2017 a year of peace. But the year didn't turn out as he expected. In an informal address to member states at the U.N. General Assembly on Tuesday, Guterres said "peace remains elusive" — and "in fundamental ways, the world has gone in reverse." In his speech, he shared his top priorities for the U.N. in 2018 — many of which touch on themes we cover in our blog about global health and...
91.5 KRCC's Morning Edition
Tune in weekdays 5 a.m. to 9 a.m.
The Latest from the 91.5 KRCC Newsroom
- Capitol Conversation: Hickenlooper's Final Legislative Session
- Women Call Lebsock’s 28 Page Letter Retaliation
- 'Moderate' Drought Conditions In Southern Colorado As Snowpack Remains Well Below Average
- ‘Giddy Up!’ What Gov. Hickenlooper Said In His Last State Of The State Address
- Many at State Capitol Wear #MeToo Black To Open Legislative Session In Colorado