The Colorado Springs Police Department is asking people to stay away from the area near Vickers and Union, and have a perimeter setup at Downhill, Tuckerman, Vickers and Union. They're calling it a "critical incident," with an active shooter, and say a reverse 9-1-1 message has been sent to nearby residents. Colorado Springs Police Department spokesman Lt. Howard Black told the Colorado Springs Gazette that shots were exchanged between the suspect and the police, but that no one was hit.
91.5 KRCC's Morning Edition
Tune in weekdays 5 a.m. to 9 a.m.
The Latest from the 91.5 KRCC Newsroom
- Active Incident In Northeast Colorado Springs
- Capitol Conversation: Hickenlooper's Final Legislative Session
- Women Call Lebsock’s 28 Page Letter Retaliation
- 'Moderate' Drought Conditions In Southern Colorado As Snowpack Remains Well Below Average
- ‘Giddy Up!’ What Gov. Hickenlooper Said In His Last State Of The State Address